Saturday 22 December 2012

MY TOP TEN ALBUMS OF THE YEAR [ #10 : DEVOTION - JESSIE WARE ]


As we count the days to the new year, it's fair to say there's been some good releases in the last 12 months. What makes a good album? In my opinion, an album you listen to in it's entirety without skipping a track. It was a difficult task trying to compile a list of my favourite albums of the year. After some deliberation, the albums that make it to my top ten are as follows:



#10: Devotion - Jessie Ware
I first heard of Jessie on the SBTRKT album released last year & kept my eyes open for any releases from the singer/songwriter.


After a couple of single releases, her eagerly debut album was released in August to critical acclaim & it  was nominated for the Mercury prize a month after.


No to love, taking in water, what you won't do for love*, Night light & sweet talk are probably my favourite cuts on the LP- The album comes highly recommended.
@jessie_ware , Devotion ( itunes , amazon), *deluxe album

No comments:

Post a Comment